Share this page

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Drinking the Trek Kool-aid



Greetings from Mayrhofen, a beautiful Ski resort in Austria where I have been a guest of Trek World
When I told Tom from Parlee I was going we engaged in some good natured banter and he warned me I would come back with orders for 50 pairs of Bontrager shoes, loads of town bikes etc etc !!

Its not been like that at all, but you will be seeing more Trek bikes at Bespoke going forward. Simply put they are amazing....






I spent half my demo rides on this bike - the top of the range 6.9 SSL
It only had a 39/25 on the back, and the climbs round here are epic steep (and its at altitude, and there have been plenty of evening refreshments). Excuses over, the bike climbed like a dream
I have been on Di2 alot recently, but I have forgotten how buttery smooth mechanical Dura Ace is




We have done alot of Speed Concept bikes in the last year, but to my shame I have not put a great deal of time on one myself (that will change as I have one coming very soon). However that was put right on this trip, and I loved it
It fit like a glove from the off, and I really like the 'wrist relief' aero extensions - it puts your hands in a great position.
This bike had the new Bontrager Aura wheels - they are being hyped as a 'Mavic carbone killer' as they test alot quicker in the wind tunnel. For under £900 I cannot think of a more aero wheelset - carbon wheels for every day rides!

Coolest bikes at the show were the new Andy and Fabian Team bikes they have just done for the boys at the Tour
The Andy bike looks so much better in the flesh than in the pics (and it matches our team kit perfectly!)








It will take a brave man, with very big legs to get one of these - but I hope one of you chaps do. Its absolutely jaw dropping in the flesh



How cool is that to look at!
Would certainly encourage you to dig that bit harder when you were starting to get tired !



Both team bikes are sporting the new D3 range of carbon wheels - they adopt the wider profile that has been popularized by HED and Zipp. Us mortals cannot get them until the start of the new year which is a nightmare as I would have bought them then and there if I could. For £50 you can choose white spokes and/or a choice of 12 decal colours. Perfect for you bike tarts !!

No comments: