Share this page

Sunday 25 April 2010

Up and down Sportive

Did a 102mile Sportive with Dean in Dorking today. Some joker on the radio said it would be the hottest day of the year. Did not feel it with all that rain !
After yesterday's crit efforts I was a bit worried of my form - I knew this route had a few 18 and 21% climbs to sap the legs

I actually felt good, and feel I have given my cycling a real boost with the last two days exertions- I must have covered every training zone twice over !

But I joked to Dean that it stopped being a 'fun' ride an hour in, and the last four hours were varying degrees of hard
It was noticeably more difficult than at Essex. 80 miles with 3 people working is alot easier than 102miles with 2 people !

I have not ridden in Surrey for a while now - it was good to be riding on different roads/routes for a bit of a change
But I thought the road surface in Kent was bad....

Quote of the day wasin the car park when we were signing on, and we were told to put our transponder between the wheel and the skewer. Someone asks his mate what a skewer is....
I knew then it would be a long day in the saddle !

No comments: